Boston University - Spring 2015
The course will combine group reading and discussion of influential publications in cloud computing, some lectures by instructor and by invited speakers, independent review of talks coupled with classroom discussion, and a large project.
For the most part, the course will be flipped, with most of the material independently studied, and then group discussion of the material.
The project will be done by teams of 3 to 5 students working with an industry leader.
This course will exploit the MOC as well as industry clouds (Amazon AWS, Google cloud, Rackspace, ...)
Course will give students:
- understanding of cloud computing at the IaaS level in general, and open stack in particular
- understanding and experience with working as part of an agile team, with experience in running and participating in scrums, planning sessions, ...
- extensive experience with github, agile tools, python, emacs, and other modern development tools
- an artifact that they will have developed that, if successful, will be part of a broader initiative
- experience working in a research environment, and
- a report, that, if successful, will be submitted as a publication.
Click the Edit button to add class information.
You have the option of deleting this announcement from just the course homepage or deleting this announcement from the course homepage and Q&A feed. What would you like to do?
You'll lose everything you typed, plus all the time it took to type it...